As a registered patient of Universal Medical College Hospital Ltd you can access your patient user account and applicable services, using the user account details provided by Universal Medical College Hospital Ltd. Patients who choose to self- register through the patient portal or patient mobile application will need to wait until their registration is confirmed by Universal Medical College Hospital Ltd, before their account is active. By registering, you agree that:
- You are not impersonating any other person and are using your actual identity.
- Your registration is subject to verification and confirmation by Universal Medical College Hospital Ltd and your patient user account will be activated only after confirmation.
- The personal information provided during the registration process is true, accurate, current and complete. You are required to periodically review and update your registration data to ensure that it is always current and correct.
- Your username and password are unique to you, and you agree not to disclose or share your username and password to or with any third party. You are responsible for keeping your password confidential and for notifying us immediately if your password has been hacked or stolen.
- You also agree that you will be solely responsible for any activities conducted on or through the patient portal and/or mobile application with your account regardless of whether or not you are the individual who undertakes such activities. This includes any unauthorized access and/or use of your account or your computer. You hereby release and hold harmless Universal Medical College Hospital Ltd from any and all claims and causes of action arising out of or resulting from a third party’s unauthorized use of your account.
- Universal Medical College Hospital Ltd reserves the right to deny or revoke access to any user account at its sole discretion.
- This application is only a tool to allow patients of Universal Medical College Hospital Ltd to collaborate in their own healthcare, use scheduling and communication services and to access their personal health record maintained by Universal Medical College Hospital Ltd.
- All engagement between your healthcare provider and you through this application are governed by these Patient Terms.
- As a user of services through the patient portal and/or mobile application of Universal Medical College Hospital Ltd you agree to receive essential service related notifications in the form of SMS, email or mobile notifications.
- Notification settings to turn off non-essential notifications are available.
- You shall not use any service or information in this application for any purposes other than managing your personal health information or that of your immediate family members (with due authorization) and/or to engage with healthcare providers of Universal Medical College Hospital Ltd.
- You are expected to avail of immediate professional medical attention in medical emergencies or critical care situations and not attempt to use the application to access your healthcare provider. The services enabled by the application is only meant to supplement your existing healthcare services and to enable you to collaborate better with your own healthcare providers, as decided by them.
- Being an online application, there might be unforeseeable network and infrastructure issues in which case the application will not be available until the issue is rectified. Under such circumstances please directly contact Universal Medical College Hospital Ltd in person for any services you may need. Universal Medical College Hospital Ltd is not liable for any periods of non-availability of this application.
- Usage of this application does not make the technology vendor supporting this application, liable for any of the healthcare and/or other services you use through the application, nor does it result in any implied obligation between you and the vendor.
- Universal Medical College Hospital Ltd will make all possible efforts to provide you the best healthcare services. However, Universal Medical College Hospital Ltd shall not incur any liability and shall declare any service guarantee void in the event the user is in breach of any of the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement
- Both parties are at liberty to terminate this agreement. Terminating the agreement will cancel only your user accounts in the web and mobile applications of Universal Medical College Hospital Ltd. It does not terminate nor impact any other consultations or patient-provider relationship that you have with Universal Medical College Hospital Ltd.
- The application stores data, including PHI data, communications, usage data including but not limited to location, device type, operating system, browser, date-time and context usage, in HIPAA and GDPR compliant cloud infrastructure on Amazon Web services. All data storage and transmissions are encrypted.
All your personal health data and usage data is owned by Universal Medical College Hospital Ltd irrespective of the access you may or may not have to it. Your usage and access to your data is defined by Universal Medical College Hospital Ltd
- The accuracy, integrity and completeness of the personal health information you enter or allow to enter on your behalf is your responsibility, and Universal Medical College Hospital Ltd assumes no liability for it.
Data in your personal health records will be accessible to and modifiable by authorised healthcare providers of Universal Medical College Hospital Ltd, for the purpose of providing you with healthcare services.
- Non- personalised system analysis of non-identifiable patient data may be done to enable better healthcare outcomes for the patients of Universal Medical College Hospital Ltd. However the identity of individual users will remain completely anonymous in such analysis.
Remote Monitoring Services
- Our Remote Monitoring packages are only for communicating specific health parameters to the healthcare providers in Universal Medical College Hospital Ltd’s patient portal and mobile applications and will not substitute actual clinical visits. You are required to visit the healthcare provider as and when specified by your doctor and whenever you need healthcare.
- If the monitoring feedback provided by the healthcare provider is substantially different from your current treatment and prescribed medication, it is your duty to confirm the same before implementing the advice.
The health information, vital sign readings, dates, timings and notes logged in by you or on your behalf should be accurate.
- As a patient of VP Name, you are required to inform your healthcare provider of all current and previous illnesses, health conditions, surgeries, consultations and medications with any other healthcare providers. While our healthcare team may help to update your PHR based on mutual agreement, it is your responsibility to update all aspects of the PHR completely and correctly.
- For efficient monitoring and proper healthcare services, the patient is required to enter all vital health data through the system as per the schedule and level of detail advised by the doctor.
- For self-monitored readings, it is the patient’s responsibility to use devices of proper quality and to ensure that they are re-calibrated when required.
- The healthcare team of the healthcare provider will consist of qualified healthcare professionals. The monitoring and feedback will be handled by any qualified member of the healthcare monitoring team.
- The healthcare provider will monitor your vitals at the intervals specified in your package.
Not following the instructions of the healthcare team will be considered as non-compliance of the agreement and the agreement will be terminated.
- The healthcare team will provide instructions based on the vitals entered by you. You are advised to enter the vitals accurately.
- Universal Medical College Hospital Ltd will not assume any legal responsibility for the patient’s medical condition and this online consultation only intends to aid in understanding the condition better based on the information given and is not meant to replace an in-person consultation
- The online system is expected to enhance, not replace clinic visits. It is your responsibility to schedule follow-up appointments as indicated by your doctor.
- The patient is free to discontinue using a Remote Monitoring plan at any time, with the knowledge of your consulting healthcare provider.
- The healthcare provider does not attend to Emergencies through this application. Under these circumstances, the patient has to contact the nearest hospital immediately.
- Universal Medical College Hospital Ltd may provide one or more Remote Monitoring plans. When signing up for or after being assigned to any such Remote Monitoring package, it is the duty of the patient to understand the instructions and terms of that package and to fulfil them.
- The patient data will be kept confidential by Universal Medical College Hospital Ltd and will not be disclosed to anyone under normal circumstances except as requested by law or in an emergency situation when requested by another healthcare provider.
- Video Consultation Appointment Timing: While the patient may specify the preferred appointment timing for a Video Consultation, Universal Medical College Hospital Ltd reserves the right to schedule the appointment for an alternative timing. If this timing is not convenient, the user can request that it be rescheduled. Due to unpredictable medical emergencies, it may be that the healthcare provider is sometimes unable to attend to the video consultation exactly at the appointed time. In such cases the session might be rescheduled to a later time in consultation with the patient. Video Consultation Duration: By default the average duration of a Video Consultation will be the duration decided by the healthcare provider. Universal Medical College Hospital Ltd reserves the right to decide when the consultation ends. This could be earlier than the maximum possible duration. If the healthcare provider has to be conclude the video consultation mid-way due to a medical emergency, then a new session at an alternative timing will be scheduled. Video Session Quality: The quality of the video session depends on the quality of the Internet connection, web cam and audio facilities of both the patient and healthcare provider. It is the responsibility of the patient to ensure that the performance and quality of the equipment and connection used, are optimal for doing video calls online. Video Consultations that fail on account of poor equipment and connectivity will not be rescheduled for free. Nor will there be any refund of payment.
- Video Session Privacy, Security & Etiquette: It is required that the patient prepares ahead of time to participate in the Video Consultation, in a quiet and private place, where only the patient is present in the room where the video session is being held. For elderly or disabled patients who require help to participate in the video, a caregiver may be present. There must be no audio/video recording of the video session by the patient. It is necessary that the patient (and any caregiver) act with proper decorum in speech and action during the video consultation. Failure to comply with these requirements can result in termination of the video session with no refund or rescheduling of the consultation.
- Nature of Consultation: Video Consultations must not be scheduled for patients with critical medical conditions and/or for emergencies. Such consultations are suitable only for basic follow-ups between the patient and healthcare provider and/or preliminary consultation before meeting the healthcare provider in person.
Use of Information
- The personal and health information added through this application, through use of its services by patients and healthcare providers of Universal Medical College Hospital Ltd will not be shared, disclosed or displayed to anyone other than authorized employees of Universal Medical College Hospital Ltd. They will be able to update personal health information of their own patients by updated the patient health profile, uploading medical reports, adding review notes, health goals, monitoring feedback relevant as part of the consultation services used by the patients.
- Universal Medical College Hospital Ltd is fully authorized to terminate patient user accounts at any time and such patients will no longer have further access to their personal health information stored in the application storage in event of that happening. Whether or not to share that information with the patient user before termination of the patient user account is the prerogative of Universal Medical College Hospital Ltd.